Open House on January 12 at 6 p.m.
Come meet our staff, tour the school and learn more about our programs and services.
Discover École secondaire Hanmer!
Anyone who wishes to register at École secondaire Hanmer is always welcome to meet staff members, talk with students and parents and tour our school.
A leader in new educational approaches, our school offers programs that fulfill the changing needs of students from year to year. Recognized for its human approach and inclusive values, École secondaire Hanmer is in a league of its own offering innovative and creative teaching that promotes open-minded thinking.
Through its commitment to excellence, École secondaire Hanmer provides its students with leading-edge educational programs that far exceed the expectations of traditional education. Its vision of contemporary learning and its methods of curriculum delivery allow students to experience exceptional and memorable learning opportunities. Hanmer’s École des Métiers and its International Baccalaureate Program are just some of the reasons why École secondaire Hanmer is the number one choice for grade 7 to grade 12 students.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact École secondaire Hanmer at 705-969-4402.
“We believe in CSPGNO schools because there are many opportunities for our children to become bilingual. French schools provide a very good learning environment.”
— Murray Watson, Father
Register your child anytime!
It’s easy as ABC! Complete the registration form and we will contact you to finalize your child’s full registration.
I would like more information!
Fill out this short form and we will contact you to answer your questions.
Who can register?
Children of French-language rights holders can attend a French public school. This right is granted under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and is recognized in the Ontario Education Act.
According to Section 23 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the following people can attend a French-language school:
- all children of a parent whose first language learned and still understood is French;
- all children of a parent who received his or her primary school instruction in Canada in French;
- all children whose sibling has received or is receiving primary or secondary school instruction in Canada in French.
In order to be admitted to an elementary school, the pupil must:
- have reached the age of 4 years by December 31 of the current school year to be registered in junior kindergarten
- have reached the age of 5 years by December 31 of the current school year to be registered in senior kindergarten
- have reached the age of 6 years by December 31 of the current school year to be registered in Grade 1.
For more information, simply contact the Board office at 705-671-1533 or École secondaire Hanmer directly at 705-969-4402.
“Thanks to the dedication of his teachers, my son who has ADHD, is now getting 3+ marks. Thank you CSPGNO.”
— Joanna Flynn, Mother
All students are welcome!
CSPGNO prides itself in its accessibility and strives to reflect the cultural and linguistic diversity that makes up its community. Therefore, those who are not French-language right-holders can request that their child attend a French-language school.
All interested parents or guardians must submit a request to the school principal and ask for an admissions committee meeting, as stipulated in subsections 289 (1) and 302 (1) of the Ontario Education Act. The committee will assess the child’s skills in French to determine if he/she understands, speaks, reads and writes in French at his/her age and grade level. The child will also be assessed in his mother tongue. This is to evaluate the child’s linguistic comfort level with languages rather than academic knowledge.
“They accepted our anglicized family allowing us to expand our children’s horizons and reclaim our cultural heritage.”
— Richard Paquette, Father
Conseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l’Ontario, together with its communities, provides a French-language education of the utmost quality in order to develop each student’s skills and values enabling him or her to reach his or her full potential and to find his or her place as an active and productive citizen of the world.
To be the school board of choice recognized for:
- its program excellence and student services
- the love for children and young kids
- our hospitality for families and community members
- the superior quality of its French-language education
- quality and appreciation of the French language
- creativity, innovation and openness
Our Values and Motivations
- Respect and appreciation
- Language and culture
- Classroom teaching and learning
- Francophone environment and community development
- Parents and family commitment
- Institutional growth
- Governance practices
CSPGNO Transportation Providers